The coffee order: it’s one of the most personal and important details that makes you, you. And the world take mercy on anyone who messes it up! We all know that your coffee order makes for great mornings, but could it contain secrets about your personality?
In this post, we’ll mine the depths of common coffee orders, and explore what each says about you.
Let’s dive in.
Straight Black Coffee: You’re No-Nonsense, Classy, and Maybe a Little Antisocial
People who take their coffee black don’t have time to mess around with sugar or cream. They want that caffeine, and they want it now. And, let’s face it, a cup of black coffee is simple, classic, and, for some, a little hardcore. If you like your coffee black, you probably…
- Have a tight, to-the-minute morning routine
- Enjoy catching up on world news
- Appreciate simplicity and elegance
- Enjoy a drink that you can enjoy in the morning and with dessert after a delicious dinner
Americano: You’re Sophisticated With a Taste for the Finer Things
Americanos are drinks made from espresso and hot water.
They can be dressed up with cream, sugar, or flavors, and made hot or iced. It’s a bold brew that’s not for the faint of heart, or novice coffee drinkers. If you cozy up to an Americano as your coffee drink of choice, you’re probably also…
- An ex-barista who knows your way around an espresso machine, and appreciates a perfectly-pulled shot.
- A devotee of your favorite local coffee shop, who knows exactly how you like your cup.
- Efficient and dedicated to simplicity.
Cold Brew: You’re Busy, Hip, and Live Life On-The-Go
Cold brew is a popular drink made by filtering cold water through ground coffee, then steeping the mixture in a refrigerator.
Once chilled, the mixture is strained to create a delicious cold-brew coffee. The resulting product is crisp, refreshing, and less acidic than your standard cup of coffee. If you love cold brews, these things probably describe you:
- You like things that are cutting-edge and on-trend.
- You’re bored with standard iced coffee and want something a little bolder to start your day.
- You value casual comfort and laid-back style.
- You like to zhuzh things up by making your cold brew a nitro, when available.
Espresso: You’re a Sophisticate Who May Have Spent a Semester Abroad
Made by forcing hot water through finely-ground coffee beans under pressure, espresso is the Mac Daddy of coffee drinks. Bold, complex, and delicious when made correctly, espresso takes coffee to a whole new level.
Each shot of espresso contains more coffee than a cup of brewed coffee. Some espresso drinkers love a shot on its own, while others add a splash of cream or a dollop of foam, for an espresso macchiato. If you’re a straight espresso drinker, you’re probably also…
- Capable of saying “espresso,” rather than “expresso.”
- Worldly, well-traveled, and in possession of at least one pair of killer boots.
- Accustomed to strong flavor profiles and bold tastes.
Frappuccino: You’re Friendly and Amenable
Made by blending powdered frappuccino base with milk, and ice, and adding espresso or flavors, depending on your personal tastes, frappuccinos are a tasty treat that’s also a coffee drink.
If you like sweets, you can top yours with whipped cream or a dash of cocoa powder. To put it simply, the frappuccino is the yellow lab of coffee drinks. Here are a few things that describe most frapp drinkers:
- You’re social and enjoy being around people.
- You love sweets and appreciate the finer things in life.
- You like to enjoy your life, and live every moment to the fullest.
Pour-Over: You’re Eco-Minded and Artisanal
Go to most high-end coffee shops today, and you’ll find that the pour-over is the holy grail of modern coffee drinks.
While a traditional Americano is made with espresso shots and hot water, pour-over coffee takes simplicity to a beautiful new level. This technique uses a filter, medium-size grind, and hot water to create a clean, crisp, smooth cup of coffee. Here are a few traits most pour-over drinkers share:
- You care about the environment and don’t want to use K-cups or single-use plastics.
- You love coffee, and want a drink that pulls out all the complexity of the flavor.
- You like making coffee at home, and you use Just Pour to create delicious, fresh coffee in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- You want a product that’s 100% recycled and totally biodegradable, so your daily cup of joe doesn’t have a negative impact on the environment.
Your Coffee Order Says a Lot About You
Who needs personality tests and Hogwarts houses? We believe you can learn everything you need to know about a person from their coffee order.
Whether you’re a frappuccino drinker with a sweet tooth or a pour-over aficionado, you deserve to enjoy your daily pick-me-up exactly the way you like it.
Here at Just Pour, we deliver delicious, single-serve coffee that’s sourced sustainably from responsible growers around the world.Ready to learn more about our products or how to brew your own delicious cup of coffee? Check out our blog or contact our team today.